Hold On To Your Handguns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hold On To Your Handguns

Thread for our band.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RESIST THE CALL MEMO! MUST READ!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HoldOnToPeter

HoldOnToPeter

RESIST THE CALL MEMO! MUST READ! Empty
PostSubject: RESIST THE CALL MEMO! MUST READ!   RESIST THE CALL MEMO! MUST READ! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 4:19 am

So in addition to my newest song, I rewrote Resist The Call.

Resist, in its current form, LETS FACE IT is not very good. It kinda equals poopie sangwich. Ive been unsatisfied with it for quite some time, so I rewrote the verse and breakdown.
The new verse is more interesting, much less chuggy, and doesnt try to be hardcore when it doesnt need to be. The old verse just seems like a throwaway attempt at making the song hardcore, and it doesnt do the song justice. Also, the new breakdown is not only heavier, but remains in the 4/4 time signature so that the song flows better AND it no longer rips off The Used.
Furthermore, the abundance of screaming in the song makes it sound repetitive. Not only that, but it wears me out and leaves poor Eric with nothing to do but hangout until the chorus comes - scratch Whats dat all about?! scratch
So, im thinking that we need a vocal melody for the new verse and the only parts with screaming should be the prechorus and breakdown.
Fortunately, the changes arent sooooo significant to the point where we need to learn a whole new song, we just gotta practice what we already know while replacing the verse and breakdown
Of course, when I show you d00dz the new version, im totally up to hearing all of your inputs. I just believe the song needs to be changed so that I actually enjoy and want to play it.

-Petaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lol! elephant
Back to top Go down
Brunoface
Admin
Brunoface

RESIST THE CALL MEMO! MUST READ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RESIST THE CALL MEMO! MUST READ!   RESIST THE CALL MEMO! MUST READ! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:33 pm

DO WANT HEAVY BREAKDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whirlwind time
Back to top Go down

RESIST THE CALL MEMO! MUST READ!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hold On To Your Handguns :: Index :: HOTYHG-
Jump to: