Hold On To Your Handguns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hold On To Your Handguns

Thread for our band.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MESSAGE ON MYSPACE

Go down 
+2
pmmets07
john
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
john

MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Empty
PostSubject: MESSAGE ON MYSPACE   MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:30 pm

i think i everyone should check out the message from "pat" on the myspace. its a guy from the new haven register who says he likes our stuff, which will give us a good opportunity for exposure. reait and get back to me with thoughts/and responses
Back to top Go down
john

MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE ON MYSPACE   MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:30 pm

btw myspace info

email : bluetuesday0@gmail.com password:jas103193
Back to top Go down
pmmets07
Admin
pmmets07

MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE ON MYSPACE   MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:55 pm

dude thats so sweet. i'd do it if nobody else wants to, but i feel like peter would enjoy it
Back to top Go down
https://holdontoyourhandguns.forumotion.com
HoldOnToPeter

HoldOnToPeter

MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE ON MYSPACE   MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 7:34 pm

IM SOOOO EXCITED TO DO THIS

i messaged the dude back saying that we would love to do it and that we can easily get our entry in by this monday.

HERE'S WHAT:

im thinking each of us compile a list of ten songs that have influenced us musically, and then we narrow it down from there.
Back to top Go down
Brunoface
Admin
Brunoface

MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE ON MYSPACE   MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 7:56 pm

O SHIT MUTHA FUCKAS

I BE EXITED AS BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWLSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK
Back to top Go down
eric_rice

MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE ON MYSPACE   MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:08 pm

awesome, really really really awesome..
Back to top Go down
HoldOnToPeter

HoldOnToPeter

MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE ON MYSPACE   MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:08 pm

now the other alternative is that we each offer up two songs that have really influenced us, as John suggested. which is also a really good idea. either way, theres 6 of us and ten songs to choose. SO if we each offer up two songs, two of us are gonna have to only have one of our chosen songs put into the list. although this is true either way, regardless of how many songs each of us puts forth
Back to top Go down
HoldOnToPeter

HoldOnToPeter

MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE ON MYSPACE   MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:11 pm

If I had to choose two songs that have influenced me more than any other songs, they would have to be

On My Own - The Used
Us And Them - Pink Floyd

those are personally the two that have had the biggest impact on me in my life. ADDITIONALLY, John's two picks were:

Cute Without The E - Taking Back Sunday
I Never Told You What I Do For A Living - My Chemical Romance

two very respectable choices
Back to top Go down
eric_rice

MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE ON MYSPACE   MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:38 pm

do you think this is good for one?

1. Blessthefall - Higinia (Craig Mabbit has been a very big influence towards my vocals, I can relate to his singing because he sings in a high pitch like me. I try to use some of his technique in my singing. The lyrics in this song are full of meaning, and it's in my opinion an amazing, well written song.)

idk..
Back to top Go down
Brunoface
Admin
Brunoface

MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE ON MYSPACE   MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:48 pm

god i have NO CLUE what songs to put

mainly because i dont consciously think of the bands i like when im playing
Back to top Go down
Beef stuart

Beef stuart

MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE ON MYSPACE   MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:56 pm

im def pickin no sympathy for the dead and dragging dead bodies in blue bags up really long hills. scratch the second one if im a onesie
Back to top Go down
Brunoface
Admin
Brunoface

MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE ON MYSPACE   MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:59 pm

well i cant think of ONLY two, so here are the top few (in no particular order)

-Blinded in Chains-A7X, city of evil----- shows how the bass can go from a purely rhythm instrument to a lead instrument within the confines of one song

-Headfirst for Halos-MCR, IBYMBYBMYL (long ASS title)-- example of greatdriving bassline IMO

-To Defy the laws of Tradition- Primus- blending of almost every bass technique i know of, also great song

-The Chicken-Jaco Pastorius- Musically great song, written by one of my favorite bassists, great bassline, very jazzy

those are what come to mind for me
Back to top Go down
Brunoface
Admin
Brunoface

MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE ON MYSPACE   MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:01 pm

most likely gonna choose headfirst for halos and the chicken
Back to top Go down
HoldOnToPeter

HoldOnToPeter

MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE ON MYSPACE   MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:06 pm

eric_rice wrote:
do you think this is good for one?

1. Blessthefall - Higinia (Craig Mabbit has been a very big influence towards my vocals, I can relate to his singing because he sings in a high pitch like me. I try to use some of his technique in my singing. The lyrics in this song are full of meaning, and it's in my opinion an amazing, well written song.)

idk..

DUDE if there is any band that you should cite, Eric, it shoudl definitely be Blessthefall. Many people have mentioned that you sound heavily Craig influenced, like Rak, Rachel, and even Rachel's mom.
Back to top Go down
HoldOnToPeter

HoldOnToPeter

MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE ON MYSPACE   MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:07 pm

although the paragraphs for each song need to be more detailed and eloquent sounding.
Back to top Go down
HoldOnToPeter

HoldOnToPeter

MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE ON MYSPACE   MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:15 pm

On My Own - The Used

"It wasn't until I listened to The Used's self-titled debut album for the first time that I decided that I wanted to play music. And of all the tracks on the album, this for me is my absolute favorite. The lyrics are so heartfelt and emotional, and the song peaks with a tremendous orchestral arrangement complimented by Bert (the singer) screaming his heart out. I can't think of another song that truly embodies why I am a musician more than this song."

idk that was just an idea of what i would put for On My Own, cus if im to be one of the peeps who only put forth one song, im def. picking that.
Back to top Go down
Beef stuart

Beef stuart

MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE ON MYSPACE   MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:18 pm

on second thought u guys cud take my choices cuz i really dont care. this is sick though by the way
Back to top Go down
pmmets07
Admin
pmmets07

MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE ON MYSPACE   MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:22 pm

i wanna do a streetlight song and probably avenged since theyre the first metal band i got into

most likely:

"somewhere in the between"
"i wont see you tonight pt 1"
Back to top Go down
https://holdontoyourhandguns.forumotion.com
HoldOnToPeter

HoldOnToPeter

MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE ON MYSPACE   MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:22 pm

Beef stuart wrote:
on second thought u guys cud take my choices cuz i really dont care. this is sick though by the way
idk i think that No Sympathy was a really good idea. because we are definitely escape the fate influenced altogether as a band.
Back to top Go down
eric_rice

MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE ON MYSPACE   MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:36 pm

yea i know.. lol
Back to top Go down
HoldOnToPeter

HoldOnToPeter

MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE ON MYSPACE   MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:21 pm

hey boys i looked up the dude who contacted us. and hes sooo legit. check this out, hes a moderately famous music critic who has a wikipedia page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Ferrucci

oh and we were discussing our top 10 songs, and this is what the majority of us were thinking. know that this is obviously up for change because per-bear and john, you two weren't there for this. so this is just a suggestion from me, eric, bruno, and evan.

1. On My Own - The Used
2. Us And Them - Pink Floyd
3. Cute Without The E - Taking Back Sunday
4. I Never Told You What I Did For A Living - My Chemical Romance
5. The Chicken - Jaco Pastorius
6. There's No Sympathy For The Dead - Escape The Fate
7. The Sadness Will Never End - Bring Me The Horizon
8. Higinia - Blessthefall
9. The Deep End - Scary Kids Scaring Kids
10. I Won't See You Tonight Pt. 1 - Avenged Sevenfold
Back to top Go down
HoldOnToPeter

HoldOnToPeter

MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE ON MYSPACE   MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 9:28 pm

Hey d00ds i just re-read the message and it says that the piece is supposed to be done by just one of us. Sooo, we gotta decide who should do it.
Back to top Go down
HoldOnToPeter

HoldOnToPeter

MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE ON MYSPACE   MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 12:50 am

hey whadda u dudes think about this, too long, or does it sound good?

On My Own - The Used

It wasn't until I listened to The Used's self-titled debut album for the first time that I decided that I wanted to play music. And of all the tracks on the album, this for me is my absolute favorite. The lyrics are so heartfelt and emotional, and the song peaks with a tremendous orchestral arrangement complimented by Bert (the singer) screaming his heart out. This song is a perfect example of how screaming can be so poetic in its delivery of raw emotion. I can't think of another song that truly embodies why I am a musician more than this song.

Us And Them - Pink Floyd

By far my favorite song of all time. It embodies everything that is great about Pink Floyd. The simplicity of the song is complimented so well by the great musicianship showcased in the song, which is especially evident with the unforgettable saxophone solo. No other song relaxes me as much as this song; I feel absolutely at peace with the world when I listen to it. And when the incredibly epic chorus kicks in, I always get chills. Amazing song.

Cute Without the E - Taking Back Sunday

Of all the members of the band, this song has definitely had the biggest impact on John, our other guitar player. I can't think of a band or song that has influenced him more than this, and for good reason. I can personally remember listening to this song endlessly years ago, and it still hasn't gotten old. The poppy guitar work mixed with the raw yet incredibly catchy vocals make for a great listen. It really shows how a song can remain poppy while still retaining the edge of punk rock.

I Never Told You What I Did For A Living - My Chemical Romance

Again, this song has had a significant effect on our guitar player John. However, it's impact is not lost on me. Few albums give me a more nostalgic vibe than My Chem's "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge." When I listen to this song, I remember riding my bike as a kid down to my town's local record store (which is now closed down due to the iPod craze) and buying the album. What's really cool about this song is how effectively the guitars switch between clean and distorted during the chorus so smoothly, which has actually influenced us as a band fairly strongly. And as for anybody who tosses MCR off as a stupid, unintelligent emo band; this song would put them to shame.

The Chicken - Jaco Pastorius

Our bassist Bruno loves to talk about Jaco, and I don't blame him. Jaco was one of the most influential and innovative bassists to ever live, and this songs a great display of his famous technique. This song also reminds me of my father, who is so supportive of my playing music (he's been playing drums for 40+ years). He's always told me stories of how Jaco used to jam with his band back in the day, because he lived around the area. Any piece of music that reminds me of my father reminds me of just how lucky I am to have a dad who's so supportive of me and my music.

There's No Sympathy For The Dead - Escape The Fate

Few bands have influenced our band more than Escape The Fate, and this song is a great example of why that is. There's something about a great melodic vocal mixed with some aggressive screaming that I just love. Not to mention, the vocal melodies in this song are so incredibly catchy. When I first heard this song I was amazed at how well the melodies were written. Ronnie, their previous singer who sings on this song, is not afraid to really explore the entier range of notes available to him. The intervals that he switches between are not only interesting to listen to, but you'll find yourself singing them after your first listen.

The Sadness Will Never End - Bring Me The Horizon

This song is just plain awesome. Again, it showcases the mixture of screaming and melodic vocals that we as a band really love and try to integrate a little in our own personal song writing. They even have the singer for The Architects featured on the song to add the melodic vocal that usually isn't found in Bring Me The Horizon's music (Oli Sykes, the screamer, usually delivers heavy screams throughout without any breaks). Another cool aspect of the song is the yelling that Oli does in it, which is exclusively instituted in the songs on their most recent album where this song is found. Basically, this song is insane from start to finish. It get's me pumped up every time I listen to it.

Higinia - Blessthefall

Craig Mabbitt, who previously sang for this band, has had an immense influence on our singer, Eric, and his vocal style. In fact, we constantly get requests to cover Blessthefall because of it. Eric definitely models his technique off of that of Craig, and you really can't blame him. This song really shows just how great a singer Craig is, and it also shows how strong his lyrics tend to be. Being that Blessthefall are a christian band, the lyrics are heavily christian. This seems to add to how emotional they are. All around, it's a well written song and it's really fun to listen to.

The Deep End - Scary Kids Scaring Kids

This song may have single-handedly gotten our drummer Evan into the emo/hardcore genre, which has a great influence on our music. A few months back, when the band was first starting out, he asked me to give him a mix of songs that he should start learning for his drum lessons to prepare him for the band. This was among the songs on the mix and has since been one of his absolute favorite songs. His progress as a drummer since then has been very impressive and it's quite evident that this band has had a big influence on him.

A Little Piece Of Heaven - Avenged Sevenfold

I got our synth player, Perry, into this band about two years ago. They quickly became his favorite band at the time, and we even had the pleasure of seeing them play this song in concert. The song writing in A Little Piece Of Heaven is just plain mind blowing. Up until Avenged released this album they were a fairly straight-forward metal band. I never expected such an amazingly arranged piece of music as this song to come from them, and it was a pleasant surprise to hear this song for the first time. The song features musicians from Oingo Boingo, who are famous for their great musical arrangements, and this song is no exception. Between the sinister horn parts, the beautiful strings, and the strange yet incredibly catchy vocals, this song just amazes me.
Back to top Go down
eric_rice

MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE ON MYSPACE   MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 2:30 am

yea so we never got put in the newspaper rofl...
Back to top Go down
john

MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE ON MYSPACE   MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 12:16 pm

yeah me and evan got the newspaper and we werent in it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE ON MYSPACE   MESSAGE ON MYSPACE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MESSAGE ON MYSPACE
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next